2012 is in full flow and it is time to turn our attentions to time – and, more specifically, which luxury watches and timepieces are going to be the must-haves over the next 12 months. With so many fantastic brands of watches to choose from such as Bremont, U-Boat, Zenith and IWC, it is certainly going to be rich pickings for fans of luxury watches.
The top ten luxury watches to look out for in 2012 are:
10) Bremont Watches – A much loved brand of luxury watch and one of the more recent to hit the market which are the brain child of a pair of British watchmakers, Nick and Giles English. Bremont watches are famed for their immense quality and intricate detail and they are crafted from only the finest Swiss components – a fact that makes them one of the most sought after luxury watches on the market which warrants them taking our number 10 position. Check out the stunning Bremont watch below:
9) Bell & Ross Watches – Another relative newcomer to the luxury watches market, having only formed in 1992, Bell & Ross watches have wasted no time in establishing themselves as one of the most striking and unique timepieces out there. When you realise that they are designed by aerospace engineers, the unique look and feel of Bell and Ross watches becomes a bit more understandable. They are set for another big year in 2012 and they have some absolutely stunning collections – such as the BR 02 Instrument watches seen below:
8) BRM Watches – Certainly not to everyone’s tastes but if you’re a fan of the more unusual luxury watches on the market, then BRM timepieces should certainly float your boat. One of the few French watchmakers on the market, BRM have many followers who delight in the unusual and quirky designs that they are famous for. BRM watches are somewhat of a collector’s edition as they only produce a certain number of their timepieces each year so if you’re hoping to snap one up in 2012, you better act quickly! Check out one of BRM’s creations below:
7) Graham Watches – For fans of oversized watch faces, Graham watches are the perfect choice. Designed and created by a British inventor by the name of George Graham in the 18th Century, Graham watches have certainly undergone a radical transformation over the years and are now one of the brightest and most stand-out luxury watches on the market today – such as the Chronofighter Oversize collection seen below:
6) Panerai Watches –It is fair to say that Panerai watches are truly a match made in heaven – stunning Italian designed blended with precise Swiss craftsmanship. It is little wonder that these luxury watches are such a big favourite with celebrities and regularly seen up on the silver screen. 2012 is set to be a big year for Panerai watches – see if they’re to your liking below:
5) Baume & Mercier Watches – Another Swiss watchmaker set for another big year in 2012 is that of Baume and Mercier watches. If you’re a fan of understated elegance when it comes to mens watches, then Baume and Mercier may well be the right choice for you. Boasting a pedigree stretching back over 150 years, it is fair to say that they are one of the most respected and sought after luxury watch brands on the market. One of the most breath taking Baume and Mercier collections is that of the Hampton Classic – see it for yourself below:
4) Jaeger-LeCoultre Watches – With many stunning collections, such as the Master Compressor and Reverso collection, it is little wonder that Jaeger-LeCoultre are such a well-respected watchmaker and they are likely to have many horology fans chasing after their timepieces in 2012. Boasting stunning designs and incredible precision, you know you are buying quality when you opt for Jaeger-LeCoultre watches – check out a Master Compressor below:
3) U-Boat Watches – If you’ve got a nautical persuasion, then U Boat watches will definitely tick all of the right boxes. Designed for the Italian navy during WWII, they have certainly got an interesting back story and their unique look makes them a highly popular timepiece to this day. Another make that has popularised oversized watch faces, U-Boat watches are definitely going to be one of the biggest players in 2012. One of the most popular U-Boat collections is that of the Classico – see it below:
2) IWC Watches – Swiss watches are somewhat dominating this chart and we have another watchmaker heralding from Switzerland in our number two position in the form of IWC watches. These luxury watches come in many different forms and have a collection to suit more or less any taste – whether you’re after an aviation style watch (check out their Pilot collection) or a more nautical feel (Aquatimer collection), you’ll find something that will be your perfect timepiece in 2012 with IWC watches. Take a look at one of their Pilot watches below:
Last and certainly by no means least, we have our top luxury watch for 2012 – taking the Number 1 position is….
Tag Heuer Watches – One of the biggest names in the luxury watch industry and somewhat of an unstoppable juggernaut when it comes to the most popular brands amongst consumers of fine timepieces. It is perhaps fitting that a Swiss watchmaker has secured the number one position for the top luxury watch brand in 2012 because all the timepieces that herald from the neutral central European country are invariably of the highest quality and Tag Heuer watches rightly sit at the top table when it comes to deciding the very best luxury watches on the market. Tag Heuer have many stunning collections such as the Aquaracer, Carrera, Monaco and Formula 1 and each are an excellent reflection of Tag Heuer’s dedication to watchmaking perfection. Take a look at some of the most popular Tag Heuer watches below that are likely to be amongst the most popular in 2012:
So, there you have it – the top ten luxury watch brands to look out for in 2012. But which is the right one for you?
Smartwatches have come a long way from the days of the calculator watches – which I would argue to be the first instance of a “smartwatch”. These days, we have the likes of Samsung Gear, Apple Watch as well as others from multiple Chinese brands. The Garmin Instinct, however, is a rugged outdoors watch that has the capabilities of sports and fitness watches which they really want emphasised. The Garmin Instinct is made for outdoors so it’s built with that in mind, check it out this Garmin watch on NanaDC reviews.
By Leo Parker – Watch Gallery