Whether you are a small or big-time cannabis grower, where you source your cannabis seeds is important. However, while buying cannabis seeds from a trusted source is important, how you buy them also matters. Most sellers of cannabis seeds accept credit cards as a means of payment. However, some have now started exchanging cannabis seeds for Bitcoin.
In this article, we will examine the pros and cons of buying cannabis seeds with credit cards and Bitcoin and decide on which is safer. We will also talk about the best cannabis seed merchants that accept Bitcoin.
Purchasing Cannabis Seeds With Credit Cards
Credit cards are widely used to pay for goods and services purchased physically or on the internet. This is because it is quite an easy method, and most people have a bank card. Most merchants also have the facilities to process a credit card payment.
You just need to give out your credit card number or use a point of sale(POS) terminal in a physical store. If you are buying cannabis seeds online, you input your credit card number and your pin. The money would be taken from the funds available on your credit card.
Pros of using a credit card
- It’s a popular payment method: Credit Cards have been around for quite some time now, and every merchant accepts credit cards as a mode of payment for goods and services.
- Transactions happen at the snap of a finger: Purchasing cannabis seeds with credit cards usually takes seconds to a few minutes.
Cons of using a credit card
- Your credit card details can be stolen by hackers online: Hackers are always on the prowl for poorly secured e-commerce or merchant websites. If the site you purchase cannabis seeds from is poorly secured, hackers can break into its server and steal your credit card information. They can then use your credit card to make their own purchases, leading to a loss of valuable funds for you.
- Network issues can make payments take a while to go through. Sometimes network issues can come up, making you spend up to hours or even days to complete a purchase. When it happens, it can be very frustrating to both the buyer and the seller.
- High transaction fees/taxes:
Purchasing Cannabis Seeds With Bitcoin
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in the world. Cryptocurrencies are a special type of currency built with blockchain technology. They are computer programs that can be used as a medium of exchange.
Bitcoin is a new technology that is just gaining acceptance. It offers a decentralized mode of paying for goods and services without the input of a third party. To use Bitcoin, you need to first get a cryptocurrency wallet. A wallet is used to store your Bitcoin. You can create a free wallet on sites like blockchain.com.
After you create a wallet, the next step is purchasing some Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be purchased on a crypto exchange like Binance. You place your order and pay through your bank or other means. Exchanges will charge you a small percentage as transaction fees.
You input the address of your wallet, and the Bitcoin is sent there. Now that you have your Bitcoin, you can purchase cannabis seeds. Most merchants will require you to transfer the required amount of Bitcoin to their wallet. Payment usually takes about 30 minutes to get validated. Some merchants may also charge a small transaction fee.
Pros of using Bitcoin
- Total anonymity: Bitcoin transactions are private and cannot be monitored by a third party. That is, nobody else can see the details of your transaction or know who made the transaction.
- No need to drop sensitive personal information: When buying cannabis seeds with Bitcoin, you don’t need to input the password of your wallet or any other personal information.
- Low transaction fees: High transaction fees are the bane of international purchases. If your cannabis seed supplier lives in a different country from you, you can save money on transaction fees when you use Bitcoin.
Cons of using Bitcoin
- Limited adoption: Only some merchants allow customers to purchase cannabis seeds with Bitcoin, so if you want to pay with Bitcoin, this becomes a problem.
- Lengthy process: If you don’t already have Bitcoin, the process involved in getting it and then using it to pay for the cannabis seeds you want to purchase can be a bit discouraging. Also, for local transactions, buying with Bitcoin can take longer than using a credit card.
Which Is Safer?
Having considered what each mode of payment entails, the discussion will now shift to which is safer. Both modes have their peculiar security features. For example, nobody can use your credit card without your pin, even if they have the number.
For Bitcoin, there is complete anonymity, and nobody can trace your transactions back to you. You also don’t need to give out any personal information.
Based on all this, we can say that buying cannabis seeds with Bitcoin is safer than buying with a credit card.
Best Cannabis Seed Banks That Accept Bitcoin
Here are some cannabis seed banks that accept Bitcoin as a mode of payment.
1) Herbies head shop: Herbies offers a wide range of cannabis seed varieties. They also run regular promotions that you can take advantage of. Most importantly, they accept Bitcoin payments.
2) ILoveGrowingMarijuana: ILGM is one of the largest cannabis seed banks in the world and another seed bank that accepts Bitcoin. However, they ship to only the US and Australia
3) Seedsman: Seedsman offers 25% off every purchase made with Bitcoin on their website. Seedsman gives you free stuff each time you order from them.
4) Zamnesia: Zamnesia’s seedshop offers offers one of the biggest selections of quality cannabis seeds, and accepts payment via Bitcoin as well.
Technology has made purchasing goods and services easy through e-commerce. Most cannabis seed banks have websites and ship to many countries worldwide. Credit cards and Bitcoin are also products of technology that facilitate e-commerce. We have concluded that buying cannabis seeds with Bitcoin is safer because of the anonymity and negligible chance of hackers accessing your personal details.
Check out the Herbies headshop to buy your cannabis seeds with Bitcoin. Finally, you must do your due diligence before patronizing any cannabis seed bank to avoid getting swindled of your money or buying substandard seeds.