Trends have little influence over men’s styling choices. Men are driven by the attire that stays with them for years. Durability seems to be the key when it comes to men choosing apparel and accessories for their wardrobes. So, fashion gurus have called for a minimalist men’s wardrobe.
But, the first thing, let’s dissect what it means by the word minimalist?
Usually, it’s the white-washed, Instagram-bait interiors or IKEA flat-pack furniture or something similar.
It generally defines modern aesthetics features
- Blank space
- Monochrome color palette
- Clean lines.
However, when it comes to lifestyle, consider minimal should be taken similar to being optimal. You know it shouldn’t be about cutting down your needs irrationally.
You can also say it’s:
- Having only what you need
- Not having what you don’t need.
- No dead weight, no trends,
- Only time-honored essentials you can always rely on.
It also means that whenever an occasion arises, you are weakly equipped to deal with it worry-free.
So, now that you have decided to build your wardrobe, what will you need?
Understanding a Capsule Wardrobe
We’re going to briefly cover all must-haves for men’s lean wardrobe or a “capsule wardrobe.” Three core values make a capsule wardrobe.
The basic purchase idea.
- Think of how a garment fits within the bigger picture
- Its individual merits are secondary.
- You’re creating a wardrobe that functions as a whole.
- You need a versatile and streamlined clothing selection.
It will help you tide over all occasions-right from work to beach to a wedding to bar and beyond.
First Things First
It’s worth investing in statement pieces that will last you longer and serve you well every time.
Buying cheap things first and then spending on mending, purchasing the same thing again five times is not done.
The key is: you get what you pay for.
Few key points.
- You need to mix and match garments to achieve multiple and varied looks. So, pay attention to color.
- Prefer neutral tones.
- But do include some bold colors.
- You can majorly focus on black, white, grays, blues, browns, and greens.
- Go for subdued tones, not bright ones.
What Will Your Capsule Wardrobe Include?
We’re listing the must-haves in different categories of apparel and accessories you must have. Maybe you already have a few pieces, and you may need to get others.
Basically, your wardrobe will have these items
- Resort Wear
Think about it; you can hand down classic outerwear to your children.
Fabric-wise: Wool, genuine leather, shearling are good choices.
Colors-Black, brown, camel tones.
Outerwear may be tailored and is ideal for dressing up with casual outfits.
A men’s leather jacket is a keystone of a great capsule wardrobe selection.
Go for a down jacket from the collection of the men’s leather jacket from Pala Leather. It is:
Versatile colors-Black or brown.
A full-blown puffer jacket is suitable in stark winters.
A lighter transitional jacket is well-suited during seasonal change.
- Denim jacket.
You’ll need it at times when the heavens open up.
Choices you have:
- Classic: Traditional mac or trench coat.
- High-performance: Gore-Tex shell.
Get a solid assortment of well-made plain T-shirts.
Colors: Black, navy, grey, and white.
A good pair of slim-fit jeans are a must. Make sure they’re:
- Not too loose.
- Not too tight.
For maximum versatility, go for:
- Dark wash.
- Raw denim.
Pic: Illustrating various casual trousers for men.
Ways to Style:
A flannel shirt is a must-have for winter layering
- Pair it with layered underneath an oversized coat
- Wear over a T-shirt or a roll neck.
A red check is the best choice you can make.
Get two to three Oxford shirts in pastels and light colors.
A pair of chinos will serve you well for
- Dinner dates
- Work functions
- Smart-casual occasions
Colors: Beige, navy, or forest green.
Knitted Roll Neck
The knitted roll neck is vital in good layering.
Fabric: A fine-gauge, cashmere, cashmere blends.
A Breton top has been a versatile French favorite.
Ways to wear
- In summers, pair it with shorts and canvas sneakers.
- Layer underneath a sports coat on cooler days.
Crew Neck Sweatshirt
Cozy, classic, and preppy are words defining a crew neck sweatshirt that you must have in your wardrobe.
Colors: Grey, navy, and black are the stylish evergreen tones.
Believe it; you’ll need them now and then.
Ways to wear
- Wear a shirt and shoes to get a smart look.
- Pair with a T-shirt and flip-flops for a casual demeanor.
Black Oxford Shoes serve you well on formal occasions.
Brown Derby Shoes
They’re versatile. You can wear them:
- In the office.
- On the weekend.
- On date night.
- At a party.
Sturdy leather boots are essential for outdoor activities, especially in cold winters (like shoveling off snow in your backyard or road).
A pair of athletic sneakers is a must-have in yours. You’ll often need them.
Tailored Swim Shorts
Premium, tailored swim shorts are well worth their price. You may wear them at the beach or the bar and feel at home in both settings.
Cuban collar shirt is laid-back and breezy apparel. You’ll thank yourself for having it on the hottest of days.
It is woven from lightweight linen. You can also get a light linen shirt with a relaxed cut. Go for pastel shades.
Brown leather in beach-time style provides a unique versatility coupled with a timeless appeal.
Sweatpants are a must. You can wear them:
- For the gym
- On the sofa enjoying your Netflix binge.
What to look for:
- Jersey fabric
- A close fit and classic styling.
Colors-Grey, navy, or black.
A solid hoodie is a must-have. Those who are on the highly active side of things need it the most.
You’ll wear it during a run or in the gym, or while lounging around your home.
Color: Grey is the best, Brown.
It makes sense to invest in a couple of moisture-wicking running tops for exercising.
A pair of lightweight and breathable shorts made from stretchy fabric will keep you cool and comfortable in the hot weather.
- A high-quality brown leather belt.
- A stylish set of sunglasses in classic styles of Clubmasters or Aviators.
- Dress Watch with a clean, uncluttered dial, sleek and fitted leather strap.
- Robust, comfortable, high-quality, and sturdy Casual Watch. Go for timepieces with a leather strap or a bracelet, or a NATO strap.
- Leather Weekend Bag sees you through a gym, a city break, or an overnight work trip, multi-day excursions.
Get a baseball cap made in cotton twill, wool, or corduroy.
Go for Cashmere and merino beanie in neutral and earthy tones.
In tailored dresses, you will get yourself made the following:
- Navy Suit
- Dress Shirts
- Unstructured Blazer
- Wool Trousers
- Summer Suit
- Custom-made Leather Jacket.
These will all be long time investments to create an impressive and versatile capsule wardrobe for you. It counts to be intelligent, smart, active, but being presentable on all occasions will help you make a mark. You’ll enjoy every activity and whatever you participate in with complete confidence. So, take things in your stride. Also, for your leather goods and top-notch tailored items, you need to understand how to care for and maintain them to keep them working throughout your lifetime. Learn it from experts to ensure you make the most of everything. If you have something more on your mind, do not hesitate to leave your comments or questions to us.