A shampoo bar is a solid alternative to traditional bottled shampoo. It has all of the same properties and functions as a normal shampoo, but it’s organically handcrafted in a way that makes it better for the environment and your hair. Keep reading to find out why shampoo bars are the future.
Shampoo Bars: How Are They Made?
Shampoo bars are made from natural oils, clays, and butters, with no sulfates, parabens, or other harmful ingredients.
Shampoo bars also don’t need the preservatives required in liquid shampoo formulas and generally have fewer ingredients.
In fact, 1 shampoo bar is usually equal to 3 bottles of shampoo!
Not only do shampoo bars have fewer ingredients, but the foaming agents in them are usually less harsh than the foaming agents found in grocery store shampoo. That’s why they’re less stripping to hair and can even help to repair your hair and make it stronger.
Benefits of Shampoo Bars
- Shampoo bars can help to reduce your chemical exposure.
- They last a lot longer than bottled shampoo.
- Shampoo bars are generally made up of natural ingredients that are healthier for your hair.
- Shampoo bars are usually safe for use on color-treated hair as they come with ingredients such as cocoa butter, which coats and protects the hair.
- Shampoo bars are plastic-free and if you can minimize your plastic use by making a simple switch to shampoo bars then you should do it.
- Shampoo bars can last for 50 to 70 washes and even longer depending on the length of your hair, how often you wash your hair and how you store your bar. To prolong the lifespan of your shampoo bar, keep it out of running water and make sure it doesn’t get soggy.
- Shampoo bars are very travel friendly and no one is going to stop you from taking one onto an airplane. Plus, they don’t take up a lot of space.
Why Shampoo Bars are the Future
Shampoo bars are the future because they’re far better for the environment than regular bottled shampoo. Since they don’t come in plastic bottles, they tend to last longer as well. A shampoo bar can last for up to 3 months or longer, whereas you’re likely to replace shampoo bottles every 2 to 3 weeks.
Another admirable quality of shampoo bars is just how healthy they are for your hair. As mentioned, they’re typically made from simple and natural ingredients that are good for your hair, your scalp, and overall health.
Try a shampoo bar from an eco-friendly store and experience the difference in your own life. To use a shampoo bar, start by creating some kind of a lather before you massage it through your hair and rinse it out as you would with normal shampoo. You may feel the need to repeat this process in order for your hair to feel clean. This is perfectly normal and in time, you’ll know how much product you need and how many times you need to repeat the process.
Read for more blog! Dove Cameron Plastic Surgery