Ready to cook up a storm with this spooky cocktail? Spice up your Halloween party with some ghoulishly scary treats that’ll put your guests in their grave… (not literally).
2l cherry juice
Peel from 3 oranges, paired with a vegetable peeler
1 thumb-sized red chilli, pierced a few times but left whole
3 cinnamon sticks
6 slices ginger
200ml vodka, or 25ml per glass
Dracula’s fangs sweets (available from sweet shops), to serve, optional
Now the magic happens…
- Tip the cherry juice, orange peel, chilli, cinnamon sticks, cloves and ginger into a large saucepan.
- Let it simmer for 5 mins, then turn off the heat. Leave to cool, then chill for at least 4 hrs, or up to 2 days – the longer you leave it the more intense the flavours.
- When you’re ready to serve, pour the juice into a jug. Serve in glass bottles or glasses and pop a straw in each.
- Add vodka and dangle a fangs sweet from each glass.
- Serve to your waiting guests and wow them with your new found skills.