Spice up your halloween party with this fun hauntingly tasty cocktail recipe. Serve up some surprises with some ghoulishly scary treats that’ll put your guests in their grave… (not literally).
125ml black vodka, or use Crème de cassis and a touch of black food colouring, but it will be much sweeter
250ml pomegranate juice (we used Pom)
4 dashes orange bitters
pomegranates, to serve (optional)
To garnish the glasses
1 tbsp honey or golden syrup
black sanding sugar, or black cake decorating sprinkles
Now the magic happens…
- Dunk your finger in the gooey honey or golden syrup and run around each rim of four martini glasses.
- Pour the spooky black sugar or sprinkles onto a small plate and roll each glass rim on its side, gently coating it.
- Fill a large cocktail shaker with a big handful of ice cubes and pour in the black vodka, vodka, pomegranate juice, and bitters. Shake and divide among the glasses.
- Thread the berries on cocktail skewers and place one in each cocktail.
- To make it even more haunting, drop some pomegranate seeds in the drink and scatter more on your serving tray for a bloody fang effect.
- Serve to your waiting guests and wow them with your new found skills.